Low-income households without gas heating may be able to apply for funding to install energy efficiency measures and low carbon heating in their homes.
To be eligible for the scheme applicants must live in the B&NES area and:
- be the owner, landlord or private rented tenant of the property
- have electric or non-gas fossil fuel heating source such as oil or coal
- have a combined annual household income of £31,000 or less*
- have an Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) rating of D, E, F or G (or be willing to apply for one).
* In certain B&NES postcodes, homeowners with incomes above £31,000 may also be eligible. You can check your postcode here. Homes in IMD Decile 1,2, or 3 do not need to meet the income criteria.
Interested residents will need to complete the short registration form on the council’s Energy at Home website. A member of the grant administrators, Bristol City Leap, will then get in touch to confirm your eligibility for the funding and to discuss the next steps.
If you have any questions about the scheme, you can contact the City Leap team directly by calling 0117 352 1180 or by emailing email@example.com.