A new website has been created that is GDPR compliant and accessibility ready. The website framework is WCAG 2.1 AA.
There is no video content on the website.
This website is run by Town and Parish Council Websites.
We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website:
- You can zoom in up to 300%
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader
https://mcmw.abilitynet.org.uk/ has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Accessibility of this website:
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
Scanned in documents and some older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
What to do if you cannot access parts of this website:
If you need information on this website as a hard copy please:
email the Clerk at email@example.com or call 07746930582
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in five days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website:
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact: the Clerk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07746930582
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
Compton Dando Parish Council is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances listed below.
Issues with Technology
Non accessible content:
- All documents that have to be scanned in such as those contained in the Transparency Statement and Annual Audits
- Documents provided by third parties
- Historical documents
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons:
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations:
- All documents that have to be scanned in such as those contained in the Transparency Statement and Annual Audits because it is not possible to make these pdfs accessible by a screen reader because they are images, so there is no plan to fix them.
- Documents provided by third-parties because we cannot control the format of these documents as we are not the authors. It is not possible to fix these documents.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
- Historical documents because it is not possible to make these pdfs accessible by a screen reader because they are images. Also, it is not a requirement to make this type of document accessible.
PDFs and other documents
Many of our older PDFs and Word documents do not meet accessibility standards – for example, they may not be structured so they’re accessible to a screen reader. This does not meet WCAG 2.1 success criterion 4.1.2
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services. For example, we do not plan to fix Parish Hall Conveyance Deeds.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish will meet accessibility standards provided they do not need to be scanned.
How we tested this website
The website is new, built by Town & Parish Councils Websites, the framework of which complies with is WCAG 2.1 AA.
What we’re doing to improve accessibility
We feel that by having a new compliant framework website built and making as many pdf documents readable by a screen reader, that we have done all that we possibly can do.
Photographs have text next to them briefly describing what is in the photograph.
This statement was prepared on 21/10/19. It was last updated on 21/10/19.